If you’re considering estate planning, it can be helpful to have an advisor on your side. An estate planning advisor can help you create a will and other legal documents, manage your finances, and offer other guidance as you prepare for your personal future.
Image Source: Google
Below are some tips for finding the right estate planning advisor:
1. Check with your local bar association or state chamber of commerce- These organizations can provide a list of qualified advisors in your area.n
2. Ask friends, family members, and co-workers for recommendations- Many people don’t think about estate planning until they have to – but by then it may be too late. Having someone you trust advising you can make the process more manageable.
3. Look online- There are several resources available online that can help you find an estate planning advisor. Some popular sites include FindLaw and The Millionaire Corner (both owned by Forbes). Both sites provide information on wills, trusts, financial planning, and more.
4. Ask your bank or other financial institution if they have any recommendations for you- Many banks offer special discounts on services provided by qualified advisors.
5. Ask your personal insurance agent if they have any recommendations for you- Many insurers offer financial planning services that are designed to help protect your assets in retirement.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you identify some good resources to help find the right advisor for you.