Pink Himalayan salt, also known as Himalayan rock salt, is highly purified and mined by hand. It is a blend of rocks and minerals. It is the only form of salt in the world that comes directly from the earth by way of a process of natural geological activity.
This salt is in high demand in many parts of the world. It is mined by the native people of India and other regions for its properties to heal various diseases and to boost one's energy.
Although the health benefits of Himalayan salt are numerous, there are just as many misconceptions about it. Some of these myths include:
– Salt is bad for you. Himalayan pink salt has been linked to cancer. However, there is no evidence to support this theory.
– Salt makes your teeth yellow. Although some studies have shown that certain types of salt may cause tooth discoloration, Himalayan pink salt is not one of them. Although certain types of minerals can make the teeth yellow, they do not cause tooth discoloration.
– It is bad for people with diabetes or high blood pressure. While salt is a diuretic, it does not affect those who have blood pressure issues. It can cause shortness of breath, however.
– It can cause people with high blood pressure to urinate too often. Because the salt in the salt contains minerals that lower the blood pressure, it can add to the sodium in the urine. This can cause the person to lose electrolytes, thus causing a condition called hyponatremia.
– It can cause dryness of the skin. Although Himalayan pink salt is mined in mountainous areas, it does not cause dryness or skin rashes. Rather, it helps soothe irritated skin.
– It can cause diarrhea. There is no evidence to support this myth. But it can cause mild constipation, which should be treated with good nutrition and proper hydration.
– It causes dizziness. One of the most common myths about Himalayan pink salt is that it can cause dizziness. Although it does not cause dizziness, it can cause nausea and headaches.
– It can cause kidney stones. There is no evidence to suggest that Himalayan pink salt causes kidney stones, but one should always be careful when consuming large amounts of salt.
Salt is not only important for the health of the body. It can also be very important for the health of the mind.